Phoenix and the Ashes
The Bahá'í Faith and the Modern Apocalypse
Essays draw on literature, philosophy and history to examine the question 'Where is humanity heading?'.
Five thought-provoking essays drawing on a background of literature, philosophy, and political history to examine the question 'Where is humanity heading, and what are the prospects for the human race?'.
Starting with the widespread expectation in the last century of a new age and the apparent disappointment of this hope, the author goes on to contrast the subsequent disillusionment and disintegration, with Bahá'í belief in a spiritual rebirth that is working through our time, albeit still unperceived by the mass of humanity. The essay titles are:
- The Lost Hope of the Nineteenth Century
- The Bahá'í Faith and the Philosophy of History
- From Vision to Nightmare
- The Bahá'í Faith and Political Systems Theory
- The Modern Apocalypse
- Contributors:: Geoffrey Nash (Author)
- Format: Softcover book | 160 pages
- Dimensions: 135 x 208 x 15 mm | 91 g
- Publisher: George Ronald Publisher, 1984
- ISBN: 9780853981992
- Categories:: Maturation of Humanity