Finding someone to love for the rest of your life
Want to get married? Scared? That’s hardly surprising in a society with a divorce rate over 50%, where relationships seem to vanish like the morning dew. Yet most people dream of finding a partner for life some day. Conscious Courtship is a very accessible, practical and spiritual guide for anyone interested in pursuinig a healthy path toward marriage.
Raymond Switzer approaches the issues with understanding and humor. He shines light into the misguided nature of relationships that exist today. Drawing both on Bahá'íteachings and professional experience as a psychologist, he presents a new perspective for the 21st century that takes into account where we are now and looks at where we might like to go and how to get there.
Knowing ourselves, becoming attracted to another person and getting to know them, falling in love, sexual healing in an often brutal society, deciding to get married — these are among the subjects of Conscious Courtship.
Questions answered include:
- I'm tired of going through romance again and again – what can I do to find a lasting relationship?
- How can you really get to know another person?
- How do you know when you're ready for marriage?
- How can I overcome my fear of not choosing wisely?
- What about sharing responsibilities in a relationship?
- Can I have high expectations?
- What are the essential qualities to look for in another?
- What about differences in age, culture or nationality?
- When do you know you've found the right person?
and many more ...
Format: Softcover book, 224 pages, 14 x 22 cm.
Publisher:George Ronald Publisher, 2006.