Learning About Excellence
Learning About Excellence is a text designed for 12-13-year-olds. It explores the challenges created by rapid social changeand ways in which these challenges can be framed and responded to. The story follows a Chinese student, Li, who goes to visit her grandparents in their village during spring holidays.
Developer: DL Publicaciones.
Format: Softcover book, 66 pages.
What is the Junior Youth Programme?
The Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Programme is a three-year programme for 12-15 year-olds which fosters a positive transition from childhood to adolescence. Participants in the programme are supported to appreciate their own inherent nobility and dignity; the inherent nobility and dignity of every human being; and the capacity each has to contribute to the betterment of humanity and to an ever-advancing, spiritually and materially prosperous civilization. Junior youth are supported in the development of their power of analysis and expression, as well as their ability to think, speak and act in ways that are coherent with a sound moral framework, through exploration of important concepts embedded in engaging stories. They also learn to identify the needs of their community and find ways to respond to these needs, through increasingly complex and meaningful acts of service. Purposeful social, sport and artistic activities also constitute a key element of the programme.
Junior youth engage in the programme by joining or forming a junior youth group. A group often comprises 5-10 young people in a given locality who usually meet at least weekly to participate in the various aspects of the programme. Central to the advancement of understanding is the exploration of key concepts contained in a series of study modules. In its entirety, this series of study can provide young people with the elements of a conceptual framework that can guide their choices and actions as they mature into adults.
How to order pre-publication materials?
To order pre-publication materials please click on the relevant email button atop this page to contact the Ruhi Books administrator of the Institute Board.
- QLD RIB for Queensland and Far North Coast NSW
- SEA RIB for New South Wales, Victoria and Canberra
- WCA RIB for Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory
Please include information about:
- Materials and quantities requested
- Why the materials are required
- How learning from the teaching experience will be conveyed
- Shipping Address
- Cluster name
- Mobile contact
- Are you paying or is assitance required
- Date materials are required
Pricing for pre-publication materials
Ruhi Institute materials
- Book 3 Grade 1 (units 1-3) - $10
- Book 3 Grade 2 (units 1-2) - $11
- Book 3 Grade 3 (unit 2) - $11
- Book 3 Grade 4 (unit 2) - $11
- Book 5 Branch 1 (unit 1) - $5
- Book 5 Branch 2 (unit 2) - $5
- Book 8 (units 1-3) - $14
- Book 9 (units 1-3) - $10
- Book 10 (units 1-3) - $12
- Book 11 (unit 1) - $5
- Book 13 (unit 1) - $5
Junior Youth modules
- Habits of an Orderly Mind - $7
- Learning About Excellence - $7
- Observations and Insights - $7
- Power of the Holy Spirit - $7
- Spirit of Faith - $7
- The Human Temple - $7
- Thinking About Numbers - $7
- Wellspring of Joy - $7
Persian materials (if different)
- Book 10 (unit 1) - $8
- Book 10 (unit 2) - $7
Other Junior Youth Group modules
Post as a letter
This title can be shipped more economically as a letter, if ordered singly.